So it is almost time…..another school year is over!! I make no secret that I love the holidays, I love having my girls with me. There is a statement going around social media ‘You have just 18 Summers with your children’ how scary is that!! I feel like crying when I hear it because it is true, so true! I want to make every Summer as memorable as possible, I have fond memories of my childhood summers, trips to the beach, holidays to a caravan in Butlins and attending a local play scheme with friends. It was literally around the corner from our home and we used to have a key on a string worn around our neck so we could pop home for lunch. My Mum would leave us the most delicious sandwiches. The things we remember hey.
I have been speaking my little ladies about what they would like to do this Summer so we decided to make a little list:
- Go to the cinema – this is something we don’t do all that often as Alfie is too young. However, I plan to keep Alfie in nursery a couple of days in the Summer to allow me to have some much needed time with my girls. So I have promised them both a trip to the cinema.
- Park crawl! We love parks in our house, we could take picnic and spend a whole day there. I am pretty sure that’s what we will be doing a lot of this year.
- Visit Speke Hall – we are not far from Speak Hall but yet have not yet been. We are already members of the National Trust so it wont cost a thing and they have lots of activities to do throughout the Summer. So we have firm plans to visit there this Summer.
- Host a Garden Party! Alfie play best at home in the garden were he can potter and be free. We plan to have lots of playdates with the paddling pool and and our little bouncy castle up. Playing croquet and table tennis. Some days the simple things are the best.
- Toast Marshmallows. We did this recently and it was so much fun. With no school routine every morning it will be nice to have some late nights in the garden chatting and eating without worrying about bedtime.
- Bike and Trike rides. We recently got sent the Micro trike for Alfie. It is amazing and we plan to get out and about with him on it whilst the weather is still warm.
- Visits to the beach. We are lucky enough to live close enough to some beautiful beaches. Nothing quite says Summer than sand in between your toes and paddling your feet in the water.
- Family time – with my younger Sister on maternity leave and my eldest nephew about to start his school life in September we plab to spend as much time with our cousins as possible.
- Arts and Crafts. I have our crafty box filled with supplies for those rainy days – my girls love getting creative so I am sure we will be doing a lot of painting and inventing!
Germoline have created a 90 days of Summer guide to help keep your little ones entertained this Summer. It is full of so many great ideas and there is even suggestions for rainy days and alone play. It is free to download and I plan to carry a copy around with me just in case I run out of ideas!!
To get your Summer started you can be in with a chance to win some items to help it run smoothly, including a cool bag for all those Summer picnics, a bucket and spade, frisbee, skittles, bubble and much more. All you have to do is enter below. Good Luck!!