I wrote this bucket list a few years ago before my little boy was here with us and we were still a family of four. So much has changed! There are so many fun things do to in Autumn. We love to wrap up warm and get outdoors and completely embrace the season. September is always such a busy month with back to school routines and Meme’s birthday so I am looking forward to a calmer October where we can make the most of our weekends together. So I sat down with my girls and we chatted about what we would like to do during this beautiful season.
Here is what we came up with:
- Conker search – we love finding conkers, and once we do Harri tends to carry them around with her!
- Have a leaf fight! Yes we love this and we tend to gang up on Daddy!!
- Go to a bonfire display – this is an annual tradition but we are going to fully embrace it this year with the BBQ and funfair they have
- Go pumpkin picking – We have done this the last few years at Hawarden Farm Shop and we have lots of fun.
- Carve a pumpkin – naturally!
- Make some Halloween cupcakes or biscuits.
- Do some Halloween activities. We are actually away for Halloween this year but we plan to do some activities on the run up Halloween. Last year we visited Carden Park and attended their Jeepers Creepers event. We had such a fun experience. So we plan to see what else is going on locally.
- Collect some fir combs – we do this every year then paint them ready for the festive season.
- Wrap up warm and go play on the beach until it gets dark.
- Make hot chocolate after a cold afternoon outdoors (this was Meme’s suggestion even though she doesn’t like hot chocolate!)
- Collect some leaves and do some leaf printing – all three of my children love doing this.
Do you write a Autumn bucket list?
There are so many things to do in Autumn.