It is question many of us have asked ourselves. Am I ready to have another baby? With just a few months left of being a Mummy of two. I can’t begin to imagine what it will be like to have another child however I am sure I felt like that before Harri came along. I remember questioning before trying for a baby with my second child, am I ready to have another baby?
Honestly I can’t remember what life was like being a Mummy of one. It feels like it must have been so easy (it obviously wasn’t) but I am sure when my 3rd comes along I will think 2 must have been easy (and it totally isn’t!).
Am I ready to have another baby?
Here is what I have learned since becoming a Mummy of two:
- The second child is always treated different to the first. It doesn’t mean that you love them less it’s just the way life goes.
- Even though they are siblings, half of mummy and half of daddy, they are completely different people and I guess they sometimes need parenting differently. There was a time Harri was constantly being told off and sent to bed whilst Meme very rarely gets told off. Amelia is a rule follower where baby number 2 is at times a rule breaker! I need to handle them very differently
- They are a team. If I tell one off the other one runs straight to their defence and comforts them. I am automatically the bad guy – it is kinda sweet.
- They are a tag team. When one sleeps late the other wakes early! If one is settled the other one needs attention. It is exhausting!
- They always want what the other one has. I used to always wonder why my Mum would always get me and my 2 sisters the same gifts at Christmas and now I get it. We pretty much get two of everything, it makes life so much easier (my Mum still gets me and my sisters similar presents now so maybe you never grow out of this one!)
- When they get to the age that they can play together it is actually easier than having one. I didn’t quite realise this until Meme went to school and I was back on full time entertainer mode – seriously I breathe a sigh of relief when 3.15 arrives!