Now we are fully into spring the days are longer and brighter and the fog of the first few months is lifting. I feel like it is time for a good spring clean of my mind and life.
The problem with me is that I am not at all organised, I start the week with good intentions and by the end of the week I have gone completely off track, this goes for keeping the house tidy, making healthy teas, exercise and blogging. I think come Wednesday I just start dropping balls.
With this in mind I have decided to set myself a few goals starting with blogging. I wrote in my recent post Building the foundations about my first 6 months blogging and, whilst I am happy with my little space, I do feel like I need to start pushing myself a bit more and trying to increase traffic to my site. Here are a few things I hope to do in the next few months:
- Learn how to schedule Tweets – I have only been on Twitter a month or so and I have not spent much time learning about it at all. I definitely need to invest some time, which hopefully will increase my followers
- Learn about what plugins would be beneficial to my blog and install them.
- Look at link ups and see what ones work best for my blog and keep a record of what days the link ups are.
- Pinterest – I know I would love Pinterest but I have no idea where to even start. I aim to spend some time to get my head around it and hopefully begin to establish myself on it.
- Sort out my pictures – I take hundreds of pictures and they are all stored on my computed with no organisation to them at all so, when I come to look for one, it takes me ages.
- Make my blog more accessible – I am looking to change the theme of my blog. I like my current theme with pictures being the focal point but I do feel the single column post page is a bit restrictive.
The list could go on but I need to be realistic so I think this is it for now. I know some of these will take me no time at all and others will need a bit more attention. I think writing them down as actions definitely makes me feel a bit more organised and gives me some direction.
What do you think? Have you any tips for me?