So I think I need to set myself some more blogging goals – I wrote this blog post a few months ago and had some great feedback and tips. It took me a lot longer that I thought it would take but I finally feel like I have made a little progress. Here is how I got on:
- Learn how to schedule Tweets – This I have managed to do and I am getting much more interaction from it which is great. I still need to work on increasing my followers but It will happen in time and I am fine with that.
- Learn about what plugins would be beneficial to my blog and install them – I haven’t done this one yet.
- Look at link ups and see what ones work best for my blog and keep a record of what days the link ups are – I have varied what link ups I use and I have a bit more of an idea what is working for me a bit more. I think I have varied my blog content which has allowed me to use different linkys.
- Pinterest – I aim to spend some time to get my head around it and hopefully begin to establish myself on it. I haven’t touched Pinterest since writing this but with my time restrictions and lack of knowledge of Pinterest I think this is one that I will look at in the long term future.
- Sort out my pictures – I am a bit more organised on this front.
- Make my blog more accessible – This is done and I am delighted with it. It has definitely helped with my reader enagement.
So I think I did ok. There was comment left from one of my favourite bloggers Jess who simply said don’t overdo it as there is always so much to do. True words – lets face it we could work every day all day on our blogs and still have so much to do. It is never ending.
At the moment I am barely skimming the surface. There is so much that I want to do but I am so restricted by time. I don’t have any child free time so any blogging work has always been done in the evening but now I’m pregnant I am definitely struggling with my energy levels. However all that said I feel like I have been making progress and whilst I still have lots to do I am starting to feel a little bit more positive about my little blog’s future.
I am aiming to do a little blog goals every quarter to try and keep me focussed:
- I have finally joined Facebook – I have not promoted it yet or even linked it up with my Instagram site but I have joined Donna’s Facebook bloggers group and I feel like I have learnt so much already – it’s amazing! I would like to spend some time developing this platform.
- Approach some of my favourite brands – this fills me with fear as I am still a tiny little blog compared to other ones – but – why not? I’m just going to try nothing venture nothing gained, the worst they can say is no and it is all a learning curve.
- Build my Instagram feed – I am losing my love of Instagram, Seriously for every follower I gain I feel I lose another two. I can’t deal with all the follow to unfollow it drives me mad! However I love looking at picture and I love taking them so I am going to try and be a little more consistent with posting and commenting and go from there.
- Try and build up a bank of posts so when I am tired or poorly I will have post ready to publish.
I think this is a realistic amount so lets see how I get on. Do you have any blogging goals?