Ditch the itinerary and create a bucket list! A vacation bucket list is meant to help you focus more on your wants than your needs.
Ask yourself the following questions: What do I want to see? What do I want to experience? What do I want to do while I’m on vacation?
What To See
Are there attractions at your vacation hotspot that you’re dying to see? If your vacation hotspot offers guided tours, try one to your liking. Many exotic places offer walking tours, boat tours, bus tours, and even bike tours for your enjoyment.
What To Experience
The benefit of going on vacation is to have an experience of a lifetime and create lifelong memories, so embrace each experience and remember to be present in each one.
Here are some ideas on how to create memorable experiences while on vacation:
If your vacation hotspot embraces a culture you’ve never experienced before, divulge yourself into it. Try the cuisine and see what foods resonate with your palate.
Something as simple as your choice in lodging could provide an unforgettable experience. If you’re looking to stay outside the box, out of the confines of a hotel, and want to experience something new, try renting a beach home.
St John beach home rentals are a great way to get the most out of your vacation. If you’re interested in renting a villa or beach home and want to explore your options further, simply search for villas, beach homes, or vacation rentals near your vacation hotspot.
Create A Bucket List
Now that you’ve established what you want to see and what you want to experience while on vacation, it’s time to create your bucket list and set a goal to do what you want to do.
Some great examples of activities that may spark ideas are:
- Build a sandcastle. Get creative and use random things you find on the beach like sea shells, seaweed, twigs, and other natural building materials.
- Walk along the shore and enjoy a sunset.
- Attend an event, music festival, or find an attraction nearby that offers endless activities.
- Have a picnic on the beach.
- Read a book and soak up some rays.
- Take advantage of your lodging situation and find extra activities from within the beach home. Most beach homes provide extra activities and amenities for you to get the most out of your vacation.
- Shut your phone off and do absolutely nothing!
This is a collaboration post