Whilst January isn’t my favourite month ( I always find it a little bleak) I do love the idea of a fresh start, a clean slate. I love the optimism that January brings. I enjoy making a few little resolutions some aims for the year ahead. I was quite pleased with my 2016 goals and whilst I don’t take them too seriously it is nice to have some positive vibes for the year ahead.
So here goes:
- To enjoy those newborn early days no matter how hard they will be and how tired I will be. To try and remember these hard early days don’t last forever.
- To take care of myself – to give my body time to heal, to exercise, to eat better. To take the time to have a relaxing bath instead of the usual quick shower. To allow myself some me time even if just for 10 minutes a day.
- To try to make some one on one time with Meme and Harri. I love those girls but I do know Meme misses having Mummy to herself and no doubt Harri will feel the same when the new baby arrives. I am not quite sure how, but I am determined to make some time for each child.
- To plan something special for my lovely husbands birthday – it is not until the Summer but in 2016 we were a bit rubbish with spending time together so this year I want to make the effort. I am so lucky to have him.
- To learn – I need to get my head around social media. I have no idea how Facebook or Pinterest work, I read numerous blog posts on them but still struggle to understand – this sounds crazy I know. I need to take the time to try and understand and to learn and to be the best I can be.
- Lastly to get organised – with my blog, with my home with the school run. Although this one I have been trying to do for years!
So I think that is it…what do you think? Am I being over ambitious? Do you have any new year resolutions?